Read the spring 2018 edition of the UCI Magazine and discover how the UCI campus is a true hub for cultivating “The Arts.” The cover story, “State of the Art,” details how two gifts of paintings and sculpture have formed the foundation for the new UCI Institute and Museum for California Art, while “A California Art Apostle” features a Q&A on everything from art and ecology to Hawaii hurricanes with Trustee James Irvine Swinden.
- Forbes ranks UCI 4th in nation for ‘best value’
- Investor-philanthropist Steve Borowski ’79 to receive UCI’s Extraordinarius award
- UCI’s graduate programs shine in U.S. News & World Report rankings
- Tyrus Miller is named dean of UCI School of Humanities
- L. Song Richardson named dean of UCI School of Law
- Sweet 116,000! UCI again breaks undergraduate applications record
Marilyn Sutton has a passion for public higher education – a passion that kept her engaged at California State University, Dominquez Hills for 35 years and that brought her to the UCI Foundation. A longtime supporter of UCI, she joined its Board of Trustees less than two years ago.
Past Trustee Spotlights »
As a type-1 diabetic, Stacy Seiler ’17 knows firsthand how difficult it is for children and young adults to take on the responsibility of managing a chronic disease. The wonderful care she received from nurse practitioners in her youth inspired Seiler to enter the nursing field. While attending UCI, Seiler served as a peer academic advisor for the nursing school, president of the UC Irvine Chapter of the College Diabetes Network and a national student representative for the College Diabetes Network Headquarters.